Popular posts from this blog
Linocut, hand coloured, first state, MAY.
Hand coloured linocut, first state. I first encountered May in the hospital, where she was confined to a bed opposite. I initially perceived her as elderly due to her inability to move independently. However, my perception shifted when I attempted to seize her wheelchair. A diminutive yet resolute voice asserted that it belonged to her. Upon acknowledging my error, I approached her to offer an apology, thereby initiating our conversation. To my surprise, May was in her early 60s and had Multiple Myeloma (MMD), which had progressed to its final stages. Her voice was gentle and she retained complete awareness of her surroundings. Consequently, we embarked on a conversation about her passion for art, particularly Chagall. She expressed a desire to soar above the rooftops and observe the landscape of her childhood. These sentiments, along with other stories she shared, have inspired my latest artistic endeavour. While I am uncertain whether I have adequately captured her essence, ...
 The portrait of two great artists…my way. Titled, The Dress.
Sometimes things just happen. In the past, a visit to a friend’s residence and art gallery commenced as usual. We gathered for a morning tea in the small room adjacent to the main gallery. Sue, a fellow artist, arrived, and we settled around the table, engaging in casual conversation and enjoying each other’s company. Our friendship spans a considerable period, and we consider ourselves accomplished artists. Typically, we focus on global events and artistic pursuits. However, on this particular day, we decided to dress up. Christine, renowned for her paintings and 3D sculpture work, particularly reconstructed dolls imbued with resin and adorned with found objects. Sue, who works with objects, predominantly clay or constructed in boxes immersed in wax, she also creates delicate paintings and drawings in acrylic and wash. Sue is also a writer with an exceptional ability to compose thoughtful words that complement images. One of Christine’s assemblages featured a beautiful ...



Comments
Post a Comment