The addition of the calm sea and the distant lighthouse transforms the narrative from one of hesitation to one of purposeful finality. She isn't stuck; she is preparing to close a chapter because she can finally see where she needs to land.
Popular posts from this blog
Linocut, hand coloured, first state, MAY.
Hand coloured linocut, first state. I first encountered May in the hospital, where she was confined to a bed opposite. I initially perceived her as elderly due to her inability to move independently. However, my perception shifted when I attempted to seize her wheelchair. A diminutive yet resolute voice asserted that it belonged to her. Upon acknowledging my error, I approached her to offer an apology, thereby initiating our conversation. To my surprise, May was in her early 60s and had Multiple Myeloma (MMD), which had progressed to its final stages. Her voice was gentle and she retained complete awareness of her surroundings. Consequently, we embarked on a conversation about her passion for art, particularly Chagall. She expressed a desire to soar above the rooftops and observe the landscape of her childhood. These sentiments, along with other stories she shared, have inspired my latest artistic endeavour. While I am uncertain whether I have adequately captured her essence, ...
Mad Cyclists
Wednesday 11-8-10 Later we drive out of Briancon, and headed to the highest point in the Alps, winding narrow roads with snow-capped mountains surrounded us at every point. The drive turned out to be a bit of an adventure, the roads are narrow, steep and without safety barriers. Cyclists’ used the pass to train for racing and as far as we could see, were very good, in fact one passed us going downhill, impatient with our steady 50kl hour. We continued our journey over the top and down the steep descent to Annecy, passing lavender fields, creating a stunning landscape.
Comments
Post a Comment