Hybrid printmaking

As a printmaker I find it hard to accept that the only way is to be a purest, that is only use traditional methods and techniques to produce  prints. While trying to support my arts practice, I ventured into the world of digital and large format printing. Making a living from my art  was imposable, so I produced archival prints  for photographers and artists to support my practice
.

 I was fascinated with, this way of printing, so began my research into the possibilities of mixing traditional printmaking with that of digital. As a student at university  I was introduced to photography and loved it but didn't connect printmaking with the possibility of mixing the two together to produce hybrid prints until later in my career.

One hundred and thirty kilometers from Eronmanga, south west of Queensland is a gas plant, where working as an artist in residence I was free to explore the landscape in and around the plant.
The 'Steel landscape' is a work that evokes all of my interests to date and involves photography,   drawing, lithography, monoprints, woodcut and digital printing. However this would be possible without first being on location to experience first hand the state of the landscape.

My main interest was in the visual contamination of the surrounding landscape.   Steel Landscape depicts the harsh landscape that surrounds the plant, the work focuses on the disused material from the plant, now embedded in the dry earth, which in a way has become an accidental sculptural form. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big kate....leaving for good,!,,,,

Ideas for first day France

A Book for Christine Turner